Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mere Christianity

Yo! Just wanted to check in with you, and let you know I'm currently reading Mere Christianity by none other than C.S. Lewis. I've always wanted to read his classic works, but never had the book! Well, thankfully I got his collection for Christmas, so I'm super excited. Currently, my favorite quote is, "But one word of warning. There has been a great deal of soft soap talked about God for the last hundred years. That is not what I am offering. You can cut all that out." Haha, I think that's awesome...thus, it's also on my facebook quotes.

Oh, another random update: So, I think I have more Calvinistic leanings than I previously thought. Before, I think agreed with up to 3 points of Calvinism, but now I think it's shifted to 4 out of the 5 (meaning T-U-_-I-P of the acronym, for those of you who know it. U is the latest addition ). I'm not up to explaining everything right now though, so I'll save that for a rainy day...

1 comment:

ccollier said...

ah, I love me some C.S. Lewis. I think you'll see pretty quickly that Mere Christianity is a book you'll want to read every year or two. It's amazing. I also love the Screwtape Letters. woo...